ESIX

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Tue Nov 14 02:57:15 AEST 1989

In article <2559B869.26977 at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca>, rho at maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Raymond Ho) writes:
	[  many features of ESIX  ]

  I believe that these are all correct, but check that the base price
includes TCP support, because I have one ad here which list all the
other stuff but no TCP.

|  also some reports claim that ESIX is the fastest Unix Sys V available for pcs.

  You will find some people who claim this about *every* version
(except maybe MicroPort). I think you can safely assume that it is
similar to other good systems, and that memory, disk controller, tuning
parameters and benchmark selection all affect the speed measured. One
claim I have not heard refuted is that Xenix has a smaller kernel than
any other 386 UNIX around.

| 	Do you know anything about this ESIX? They said it is compatible at
|  binary level with Xenix and Unix, is it true?

  All V.3.2 versions should be Xenix compatible.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon