How to organize a project in unix..

Terence Kwan nctkwan at watdragon.waterloo.edu
Mon Nov 27 18:49:05 AEST 1989

Hello, I have some problem with 'ar'. I just wonder is there anyway to
change the filename limit to be more than 15 characters. I am doing a
very big project. The project is consisted a driver and about 20 set
of modules. I have about 30 directories. Each directories contain a
set of modules and we are using the same filename name for each
module within different directories. For example, in each directory,
we have a file called "init.c" to initialize the module. The problem
is that we want to create a library file for the project and procedure
a big project.a. However, we cannot use the filename in each module as
the object filename because of the duplication. We are thinking of add
the path name before the object file, for example, "path_init.o".
However, it will excess the limit of 15 characters. We had also
thought about numberize the object file but it is not that easy to
maintain the project. Is there any better way to do it?

Thank you in advance.

Terence Kwan
--
Terence Kwan ----------------- [ Together, we can build a better China. ]