What shell do you use? (Poll)

P E Smee exspes at gdr.bath.ac.uk
Thu Nov 16 05:49:42 AEST 1989

In article <2450 at csun.edu> cacsc243 at mx.csun.edu () writes:

>I am curious as to which shells people use, and which they've tried.

csh as my interactive shell, because I particularly want 'history',
'noclobber', and 'ignoreeof', because I prefer alias to 'export'ing
functions, and because I find the csh style for 'control' commands
(foreach, while, ...) fits my mindset better and so I can usually
remember them without looking in TFM.

sh (vanilla Bourne) for writing shell scripts for my lib, because they
go faster.

 Paul Smee               |    JANET: Smee at uk.ac.bristol
 Computer Centre         |   BITNET: Smee%uk.ac.bristol at ukacrl.bitnet
 University of Bristol   | Internet: Smee%uk.ac.bristol at nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
 (Phone: +44 272 303132) |     UUCP: ...!uunet!ukc!gdr.bath.ac.uk!exspes