SYS V SIGCLD Handling

Larry Jones scjones at sdrc.UUCP
Mon Nov 20 09:59:40 AEST 1989

Consider the following simple program:

#include <signal.h>

handler()
   {
   signal(SIGCLD, handler);
   }

main()
   {
   signal(SIGCLD, handler);
   if (fork() == 0) exit(0);
   }

When I run this on my Sys Vr3.0 system, it goes into recursive
death.  As soon as the handler calls signal to reestablish
itself, it is immediately reinvoked.  Am I doing something wrong,
is my Sys V broken, or is Sys V just generally broken?
----
Larry Jones                         UUCP: uunet!sdrc!scjones
SDRC                                      scjones at SDRC.UU.NET
Milford, OH  45150-2789             AT&T: (513) 576-2070
"You know how Einstein got bad grades as a kid?  Well MINE are even WORSE!"
-Calvin