Real name of user

Lars Schylberg larss at nada.kth.se
Fri Oct 6 04:51:29 AEST 1989

I'm looking for a c-routine under UNIX environment that
could give the real name of the user just in the same
manner as getenv("USER") gives the username.  I know
that the real name is available in the /etc/passwd file.
But I guess that there have to be a routine to extract it.

I would prefer email answers since I'm usually not on these groups.

Many thanks in advance.

Lars.

--
Lars Schylberg                        Email: larss at fmi.kth.se    (Internet)