Saving news articles

Mark R. Slezak slezakm at nyssa.cs.orst.edu
Wed Oct 18 14:20:37 AEST 1989

I know that by using the following command I can save all of the messages
in a news group (using rn for news,) as they are numbered. But is there any
way to save messages in thread order? I would like to save messages of the
same subject line in order to make things a bit nicer, if possible. Is there
any trick I can use for this?

Currently I am using the following:

********   20 unread articles in rec.disco.dancing--read now? [ynq] ./^/:w file

and this will (the ./^/:w file that is,) save all 20 articles in order for me.
I am after messages in topical order.

Any suggestions?