PC's as UNIX Terminals with Remote Printing

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.uucp
Sun Oct 8 10:10:00 AEST 1989

Hello, networld!  Next semester, I will be replacing all the terminals
on my 3B2/400 with Zenith (Bull?) ATs.  UNIX and C classes will use the
ATs as terminals, but MSDOS applications classes will use them as
stand-alone PCs.

The 3B2 has the only printer in the lab connected to tty55.  I would
like the MSDOS people to be able to send files to that printer without
having to learn how to log in to a Unix system.  I'm open to every level
of suggestion.  That is, I would like a Pascal programmer to be able to do

	C:\TP> lp example3.pas

and have that file be printed by the 3B2.

Thanks.
--
Pete Holsberg                UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College               CompuServe: 70240,334