How does man know?

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Tue Oct 3 07:58:19 AEST 1989

In article <2786 at crdgw1.crd.ge.com> barnett at crdgw1.crd.ge.com (Bruce Barnett) writes:
>You have stated that paging should be done in the device driver.
>You have not said how this would be implemented.
>Can you clarify this?

Actually, *I* said it should be done in the terminal;
somebody else said it should be done in the terminal handler
(loosely called the device driver) and explained how theirs worked.
What we agreed on was that pagination rightfully should be dealt
with considerably closer to the viewer, who has pagination needs,
not in the applications that should perform orthogonal functions.