ld: object preiority (lib or not?)

Mathias Koerber koerberm at nixsin.UUCP
Tue Oct 3 11:23:05 AEST 1989

Hello netlanders,

I have a question about cc resp. ld.

I have two libraries which contain roughly the same code, only one is
adapted to our local environment, the other isn't. Since there are two or
three feautures missing in the adapted one, I'd like to use these from the
other lib. How can I tell the compiler (loader) which routine to take from
which lib?

	I guess I could extract (ar -x) the wanted library to get the .o file,
but if I compile this, which function would the compiler use, the one
explicitly stated in the commandline or the one from the lib?

Any suggestions are welcome,

Mathias

--
-Mathias Koerber           |Tel:   +65 / 7473828 ext 322 |Fax: +65 / 7474331
-Nixdorf Computer Singapore|EUnet: koerber.sin at nixpbe    |nerv:  koerber.sin