Adams/Frey email network book

Brain in Neutral bin at primate.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 11 01:19:45 AEST 1989

>From article <4270 at csd4.csd.uwm.edu>, by dave at csd4.csd.uwm.edu (David A Rasmussen):
> I have managed to misplace the article I saw a few days ago in a newsgroup
> I've also forgotten. If anyone has the article describing it, or can give any
> review of the book I would appreciate it.

I've had a look at this book.  It has a few minor typos, but otherwise, I
found it very useful and informative.  It serves mainly as a reference, I'd
say, with most of the book being taken up with descriptions of lots of
different networks.  This is useful because you can often find out the kind
of address machines on a given network expect.  (e.g., do SPAN machines
understand Internet addresses?)

Paul DuBois
dubois at primate.wisc.edu