'cc' versus 'gcc'

Lars P. Fischer fischer at iesd.auc.dk
Sun Oct 8 06:03:04 AEST 1989

In article <7158 at asterix.UUCP> jimp at asterix.UUCP (Jim Patterson) writes:
>We tried out gcc on our system (Sun 3's), and never encountered what
>could be called a 'bug'.
>..
>The differences that we encountered (there are likely others) are:

AND of course:
  - better code generated (program runs faster).
  - you don't have to write "register int x' all over the place. GCC
    does register allocation.
  - ANSI compliance. You can do 'void f(int x){..}'.
  - you have the source.

GCC is really a very good product. As is all GNUware.

/Lars
--
Copyright 1989 Lars Fischer; you can redistribute only if your recipients can.
Lars Fischer,  fischer at iesd.auc.dk, {...}!mcvax!iesd!fischer

"That makes 100 errors; please try again" --TeX