PD dithering progs?

jim frost madd at world.std.com
Fri Oct 20 08:48:56 AEST 1989

In article <21172 at adm.BRL.MIL> ilg%nrl.decnet at ccf3.nrl.navy.mil (NRL::ILG) writes:
|I am looking for PD software for the Sun 4 to do dithering on Sun color
|raster files so I can print them on my PostScript printer.  Any suggestions?

Sure.  I have a program called xloadimage which uses a series of
portable image manipulation routines I wrote to do dithering, zooming,
depth reduction, and some other stuff.  It's not lightning fast
everywhere and it's not using the "best" algorithms, but it's fast
enough and real portable.  There are loaders for Sun rasterfile, X10
and X11 bitmaps, PBM images, and Faces Project images.  The dithering
algorithms is simple 4x4 halftoning.  Works well enough for me.

There are no routines to write images, but they ought to be trivial.

Interested?

jim frost
software tool & die
madd at std.com