why no .kshrc file?

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Wed Oct 18 06:19:41 AEST 1989

In article <262 at zeek.UUCP>, rick at zeek.UUCP (Rick Wilhelm) writes:

|  So my questions are these:
|
|  1)  Is there a way to run ksh with a startup script and
|  	then turn things over to stdin and the $ prompt, etc.?

  The file is called .profile as described in the manual. If you have
two ids which go into the same directory but with diferent shells (I do
that) and you have ksh stuff which won't work for sh, put the simple
stuff in .profile and end .profile with a statement:
	ENV=~/.kshrc
Then put the ksh speciffic stuff in the .kshrc file.
--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon