msgget-msgrcv-msgsnd

Michel Feret feret at qucis.queensu.CA
Fri Oct 27 04:43:28 AEST 1989

I got the tutorial about sockets which already says a lot more than the
man pages ! Thanks a lot. A few people around me have already read it and
found it useful.

Now, I have recently discovered these procedures which seems to use sockets
and signals at a higher level. I'd rather prefer avoiding sockets and signals
if I can use these procedures. The man pages (which is all I have) are not
very helpful for me who is new in the IPC stuff. Does anybody have
documentation/examples/hints/advices/references I could use to get started
with these things ?

I would like to use them to have one central process to control all the
communications between all the other processes of my system. The description
provided by man fits exactly with what I want to do. Some examples or
hints would really help me.

Thanks,

Michel Feret.

Michel Feret