'cc' versus 'gcc'

Lars P. Fischer fischer at iesd.auc.dk
Mon Oct 9 06:06:20 AEST 1989

In article <JV.89Oct8125014 at mhres.mh.nl> jv at mh.nl (Johan Vromans) writes:
>One of the reasons there is misconception about the number of bugs in
>the gcc compiler, is because there is a wide platform (the USENET)
>they are discussed on. Each time I get a new cc from one of my
>vendors, there are tens to houndreds of errors corrected. Almost all
>of these errors I did not know that they existed at all.  With gcc we
>*KNOW* about most of the errors. That's the difference.

If you want to now about errors in your compiler, try looking up
"known bugs" in the manual. Most likely, there'll be lots of 'em. With
GNU, when you report a bug, it gets fixed. With most (other) vendor,
it gets added to the "know bugs" list (new releases of GNUware nearly
always have the words "this release corrects all know bugs.."
somewhere).

GNUware--high performance software you can trust :-).

/Lars
--
Copyright 1989 Lars Fischer; you can redistribute only if your recipients can.
Lars Fischer,  fischer at iesd.auc.dk, {...}!mcvax!iesd!fischer

"That makes 100 errors; please try again" --TeX