Finding the originating host on a network login

Mark Benard mb at rex.cs.tulane.edu
Sat Oct 21 21:18:01 AEST 1989

I am trying to determine how to find the 'foreign address' (such as
x.cs.tulane.edu.1234, as displayed by netstat -a) of a user who is
logged in via rlogin or telnet over the network.  Ideally, I
would like to be able to display a list of all users logged in and
the host or terminal server they are connected from.   (Note: last
displays this information, but only if rlogin was used.)

If there is no easy answer, then I guess that the question becomes:
netstat -A gives me protocol control blocks.  How do I determine the
process associated with a PCB?
--
Mark Benard
Department of Computer Science     INTERNET & BITNET: mb at cs.tulane.edu
Tulane University                  USENET:   rex!mb
New Orleans, LA 70118