ioctl with telnet sessions

Ed Sanborn esanborn at sparta.UUCP
Fri Oct 27 09:22:14 AEST 1989

  I'm looking to be able to run my automated telnet sessions w/out having to
be root. The routine that is used utilizes a call to ioctl:

   ioctl(fd,TIOCSTI,&ch)

where &ch is the character to be sent to the virtual window.  If the routine
is started by anyone but root the routine starts up but the virtual that is
being telneted to does not receive the characters sent.

Any help would be appreciated.  Ed Sanborn
                                uunet!sparta!esanborn
                                (508) 937-1600 x.247