Shell Logging

Paul D. Selig selig at udcps3.cps.udayton.edu
Fri Oct 20 05:05:55 AEST 1989

I have a simple question for all you "shell" wizards out there:

I need to have a way that will take a shell script that is written by a
student and run that script, while at the same time writing all input
(either from the keyboard or a file), output, and error output to a "log"
file, while at the same time accepting input from the keyboard and writing
the output to the screen.  It would need to be invoked as follows:

	runandlog <scriptname> logfile

which would run the script <scriptname> and write the input/output/error
output to the file <logfile>.  This also needs to to be run under the
Bourne shell :-)

Any and all help E-mailed to the above address will be appreciated!!!

Paul Selig
 --|-  |	BITNET: selig at dayton.bitnet
   ----         UUCP:   selig at cps.udayton.edu or ...!uunet!ncrlnk!udcps3!selig