System V Transport Interface

Buzz Voelker voelker at zeek.UUCP
Fri Oct 13 00:58:56 AEST 1989

Novice question time...
I am in the early stages of learning the Transport Interface
for 386 UNIX System V release 3.1 and I need some info beyond the
manual.  I am attempting to run the examples given in appendix C
of the Network Programmer's Guide ( release 3.1 )
Primary Questions:
   - What is the "protocol address" requested in the call to t_bind ?
   - How do I find out what its value should be for any given machine ?
       ( currently I am working on a 6386E WGS running UNIX Sys V/386 R3.2
         and a 3B2/400 running UNIX System V )
If these questions are too basic, flame away -- but only if you know
of any good sources that I could investigate on my own.

Thanks...

Buzz Voelker
Andersen Consulting
uunet!zeek!voelker