Needed- PD C compiler on uVAX running uVMS 4.7

SEBRELL_%CTSTATEU.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu SEBRELL_%CTSTATEU.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Sun Oct 8 19:50:47 AEST 1989

Where can I get hold of a Public Domain C compiler?  I have a MicroVAX I
running MicroVMS 4.7.  All I have on it is the Macro Assembler.  I have
access also to a VAX 6320 running VMS 5.2.

I am sending to this list because I heard that the GNU C compiler was
written on a uVAX .. But it is written in C itself, no?  Otherwise, is
it possible for me to compile GNU-C on the 6420, take the Machine Code
listing (macro assembler) and assemble it on the uVAX?  The instruction
set seems to be the same.  ANd I beleive we have the C link libraries on
the MicroVAX (not sure why, though).

Thanks in advance for any help...
                                                - Chris M. Sebrell
                                                  CT State Univ