modem programs for Unix

Jim Burwell jimb at faatcrl.UUCP
Sat Oct 21 12:47:12 AEST 1989

Hi there..

Does anyone know of any terminal programs, besides "tip" or "cu" for
Unix systems ?

We have a Sun 3/160 and a Sparc with a Telebit T2500, and a CDS 224 hooked
to the serial ports..  I've looked everywhere, but I can't seem to find
ANY terminal programs for Unix that work with our system.  Tip and cu just
don't cut it, since they don't have any file transfer protocols, etc.  Are
there any modem programs for Unix systems which even come close to those
available for PCs ?

I did manage to find a program called "pcomm", a terminal which has the
"look and feel" of procomm.  Alas, it was for System V, and even though I
got it to compile and run on the Sun, with the Sys V compatible compiler and
libraries, all it would do is dial the modem, and send stuff out.  I could
see data coming in, but it wouldn't appear on my screen...

Any help would be appreciated!

Bye
Jim

--
|          James S. Burwell                      |                          |