Reversing a file?

David T. Sandberg dts at quad.uucp
Wed Oct 4 07:01:29 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct3.041122.28028 at ctr.columbia.edu> seth at ctr.columbia.edu (Seth Robertson) writes:
:In article <MONTNARO.89Oct2224215 at sprite.crd.ge.com> <montanaro at crdgw1.ge.com> (Skip Montanaro) writes:
:>Does somebody have an elegant shell script for reversing the lines of a
:>file?
:
: tail -r

On what system?  Tail doesn't have an -r switch on any of the Sys V
machines I have access to.  Besides, based on the default behavior
of tail, this would only affect the last ten lines.  (of course, the
mythical "-r" flag could alter that behavior, I guess)

>Anything else you want?

How about something everyone can make use of?

--
                                  David Sandberg - Quadric Systems
 "I began neglecting my shoes."   PSEUDO: dts at quad.uucp
                                  ACTUAL: ..uunet!rosevax!sialis!quad!dts