RCS problem

Bud Hovell bbh at whizz.uucp
Fri Jan 12 13:29:36 AEST 1990

Well, I guess I must be suffering terminal stupidity, but I *cannot*
figure out what I'm doing wrong here. The mystery is that the problem
only happens *sometimes* - rarely, actually. It is the fact that it
seems to work fine most of the time that is particularly maddening.
:-)

I 'ci' an original document having the following heading:

# $Id$
#
# $Log$
#

............but when I 'co' it thereafter, it comes back:

# $Id: Pnews.header,v 1.1 90/01/11 14:52:00 bbh Exp Locker: bbh $
#
# $Log:	Pnews.header,v $
Revision 1.1  90/01/11  14:52:00  bbh
Initial revision

#

For some reason, the log comments are not preceeded by a "#".

I know I am doing *something* wrong. Can someone explain what it is?

                                 Bud