NEEDED: BBS

funk at osiris.cso.uiuc.edu funk at osiris.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 5 04:18:00 AEST 1990

We have been tasked to provide a "bulletin board capability", primarily
to disseminate information to a number of separated sites.  The solution
chosen was to use  notes, which provides everything we need.   Management,
however, has decided that they want us to "compare notes against two or
three commercial 'generic' bulletin boards".  They really haven't articulated
what more it is that they want, but mine is not to reason why.

It would be preferable (IMO) if it is UNIX based (to run on the
existing platforms (Unisys 5000/80 SYSVR2/R3)  ) but I'll consider/compare
anything.

Soooo, if anyone would care to mail names/comments/sources of their favorite
bbs, I would be greatly appreciative.

Vendor replies welcome.

Please reply by mail to the zweibrucken address.

Many thanx.

|        Bruce Funk                         INTERNET: funk at osiris.cso.uiuc.edu |
|Chief, *IX Support Team     __________________funkb at zweibrucken-emh1.army.mil |
|USAISEC-EUR                 |                                                 |
|Zweibruecken, W. Germany    | Any resemblance between me and reality          |
|(guesting on osiris)        | is strictly coincidental                        |