Executing a script with a specific shell.

-Jeff Ellis jde at everex.UUCP
Fri Jan 5 06:20:41 AEST 1990

In article <1989Dec30.122215.2199 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
>Place a:
>	#!/bin/sh
>as the first line of the shell file.  This always works under BSD unix and
>if your primary shell is the csh it will work under system V.

Well is the AT&T SYSV.3.2 systems I have tried that will NOT work.
As per the manual it says that when using csh if the first char in the first
line of a script file is a "#" then csh thinks it will be a csh script.
If this is not true it will invoke sh to run the script. If sh is your
shell then the "#" is treated as a comment. I know I have had to change
a number of files that come with ESIX System V that followed the BSD style
to get them to work under C-Shell......

--
Jeff Ellis		ESIX SYSTEM/V A Division Everex Systems Inc.
			US Mail: 1923 St. Andrew Place, Santa Ana, CA 92705