Unisoft System VII

cctal!andrew at relay.eu.net cctal!andrew at relay.eu.net
Tue Jan 16 23:04:17 AEST 1990

Dear all,

I am new to UNIX et al (Don't panic, I *have* read FAQ and I'm *not* going to
ask "How do I ...?") and, to save destroying someone else's system, I am
learning (blundering about) on an old Bleasdale (68000 chip) running Unisoft's
port of Version VII which I acquired very cheap.

I would be grateful if anyone out there who has software configured to run in
this (e.g. GNU or comp.sources), and who would be willing to share it, would
contact me. I am particularly interested in comms, mail, etc., these seeming
to be rather weak in VII, but would be grateful for anything.

I would also be grateful for a termcap to suit Cifer 1800 or 2600 series
terminals.

Lastly, if anyone has any old Bleasdale bits and pieces they no longer want,
could we talk?

(The last two are intended for UK readers, as Cifer and Bleasdale are both
British manufacturers.)

Thanks

Andrew Hardie
...!ukc!cctal!andrew