query: which unix to get for a 386 (32 bit)?

John Beaudin john at compugen.UUCP
Thu Jan 18 03:46:36 AEST 1990

What I'm concerned about are

1) Good complete shell implementations (sh, csh, and perhaps ksh).
2) A c compiler able to compile stuff from UseNET without bombing or
   requiring stacksize twiddling. I expect to just specify a library or
   2, maybe use the optimizer. I hate running out of resources.
3) a stable uucp (HoneyDanBer?).
4) support for telebit modems.

Does this sound like I need full AT&T S5R3.2 compliance? Or would 386/ix or
SCO xenix 3.2 do?
--
-- my .signature is awaiting appropriate display technology --