Should the frequently asked questions list be posted more frequently?

Steve Hayman sahayman at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Thu Jan 4 07:41:39 AEST 1990

Right now I post the Frequently Asked Questions list once a month, and
each article has an expiry date one month in the future.  What do people
think about posting this weekly or bi-weekly instead?  I think that the
FAQ list has helped to cut down on some of the repetitive postings, but
we still see 'How do I get the current directory into my prompt?' every
so often.  Perhaps posting the FAQ list more frequently would help.

Comp.graphics has a weekly FAQ posting.  Other newsgroups, including
rec.autos.*, misc.jobs.* and comp.sys.amiga have monthly postings.
Perhaps with the ever-increasing numbers of new Usenet readers, it's
time to post the comp.unix.questions FAQ lists weekly.  What do people think?

oops, almost forgot my own guidelines -

    "Please mail your answers to me and I'll summarize what I get
     and post the results to comp.unix.questions"

Steve

--
Steve Hayman    Workstation Manager    Computer Science Department   Indiana U.
sahayman at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu                                    (812) 855-6984