Network printing from 4.3BSD to SYS V

John Karabaic fuzzy at aruba.avlab.wpafb.af.mil
Sat Jan 13 10:11:40 AEST 1990

Hello!

I have a need to print from a 4.3BSD machine (a NeXT) to an IBM PC
running System V.  The reason is that the IBM PC is the only machine
which interfaces to a Xerox 4050 laser typesetter, a
50-imprint-per-minute beast.

System V does not seem to support BSD-style network printing, which
involves a daemon listening at Internet Domain Socket 515 for print
requests from remote machines.  What I would like is a daemon written
for System V that listens at that socket and services print requests.  I only
need requests to be serviced one way only, NeXT to PC.

Rather than write this from scratch myself, I was wondering if anyone
out there has such a beast already written and can send me source.

Please send replies to

fuzzy%aruba.dnet at wpafb-avlab.arpa

Much thanks!

			       John S. Karabaic