sockets open with keepalive

Jerome Freedman freedman at granite.cr.bull.com
Fri Jan 19 06:28:55 AEST 1990

    Here I go again with another possibly dumb question.
 If I have a TCP/IP socket with KEEPALIVE set, and if
 this is set on the "passive", or server side ie it
 will not send anything unless it receives something
 and, further, if the client side disconnects, will
 the listening, server side get a SIGPIPE? will
 it get anything at all besides the notification
 advertised from the KEEPALIVE option 6 minutes down the
 road? If it gets no notification can I arrange somehow
 for it to get notification? How about them Celtics?

                           Jerry Freedman, Jr