comp.sources.unix

Art Neilson art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Thu Feb 7 15:05:25 AEST 1991

In article <25854 at adm.brl.mil> ANNEKE%HUTRUU54.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu (Anneke Sicherer-Roetman) writes:
>This is a question that has probably been asked before, but I'm relatively
>new to this list. I often see references to comp.sources.unix. Where can
>I find this. Can I use ftp? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>Anneke Sicherer-Roetman, Scientific programmer, Utrecht University, Holland

comp.sources.unix is that fabled newsgroup moderated by one Rich $alz.
Unfortunately a couple of years ago it moved into a state of extreme
stagnation.  Every 6 months or so there is a little burst of postings
and then nothing.  I wouldn't waste a heck of a lot of time on the
newsgroup itself.  Your best bet is to locate a site which has collected
the many fine source postings from the days of plenty, these sites
are in abundance.
Arthur W. Neilson III		| INET: art at pilikia.pegasus.com
Bank of Hawaii Tech Support	| UUCP: uunet!ucsd!nosc!pegasus!pilikia!art