Need freely-distributable C database library

Ozan Yigit oz at yunexus.yorku.ca
Thu Feb 21 17:03:20 AEST 1991

In article <See ref> dce at smsc.sony.com (David Elliott) writes:
>I need a database library for a project I am working on. ...
>
>The requirements are:
>
>	* Freely distributable
>	* Single key per record ...
>	* Variable record size - from a few bytes to over a megabyte
>	* No restrictions on content ...
>	* An entire database must be able to be fit in a single file

Berkeley Hash package fits this bill nicely. It also comes with byte-order
independence, and the usual permissive berkeley copyright. It also happens
to be the fastest such package available.

A version of this code should be ftp-able from ucbarpa. You may wish to
query margo at postgres.berkeley.edu about it. This package will be a regular
part of future berkeley distributions.

For gory implementation details of this package, see the paper in 1991
Winter Usenix Conference proceedings: "A New Hash Package for UNIX" by
Margo Seltzer and Ozan Yigit.

enjoy...		oz
---
First learn your horn and all the theory.	Internet: oz at nexus.yorku.ca
Next develop a style. Then forget all that	uucp: utzoo/utai!yunexus!oz
and just play.		 -- Charlie Parker	York U. CCS: (416) 736 5257