Specifying path in MAKE facility

Tak-Ko Lu lutak at kira.msu.edu
Thu Feb 14 05:54:18 AEST 1991

I need to put my source codes in three different directories, say d1, d2,
and d3 and put my makefile in one of those directories, say d1.

My questions are:

1) How can I specify the paths so that make knows some files were put in d2
and d3 instead of d1?

2) How can I force the output of the compiler, i.e. the object files, to be
put in the working directory, i.e. d1, if I use implicit rules to specify the
dependencies?

3) How can I force the linker to link files under the working directory, i.e.
d1?

Please mail me the answer if anbody knows how to solve my problems?

Thanks in advance!!! I really appreciate your help!!!

p.s. my email address: lutak at frith.egr.msu.edu