uucp not working in multi-user mode

Philadelphia ian at ozdaltx.UUCP
Mon Feb 4 16:10:03 AEST 1991

Hello Net,

I have just installed SCO UNIX SYS V REL 3.2.2 and I amm trying to
get uucp up and running. My problem is that I can use uucp while in
single user mode but when trying to use it while in multi-user I usally
get the message LOGIN FAILED or CALLER SCRIPT FAILED. When the machine
is in multi-user uucp will behave normally (dial modem connect ect.)
but when it gets to login it fails. I have used uutry and this produces
the message LOGIN FAILED.
         I am using UNIX on a Intel 386/16 ibm clone. I have not changed
the Kernel defaults or anything like that. All else works fine. I
am pretty sure that this is some kind of configuration error on my
part. The machine has 640K plus 3MB memory. All of my sessions with
uucp are as the user root (not su). Does any one have an idea of what
may be wrong??

Thanks in advance.

Scott