Need network dictionary-definition server program

Steve Hayman sahayman at porbeagle.cs.indiana.edu
Sat Feb 23 08:24:38 AEST 1991

>Our Webster server
>ran on a NeXT machine and hasn't worked since we upgraded the OS.

NeXT changed the database format humungously at 2.0, and I'm working on a
new version of the webster server.  I'll post a note to
"comp.sys.next" when it's ready to go, which I hope will be very soon.
(I have a bare-bones 2.0 version working now, that doesn't do
spelling correction or thesaurus lookups, if anybody's desparate.)

Steve
--
Steve Hayman    Workstation Manager    Computer Science Department   Indiana U.
sahayman at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu                                    (812) 855-6984
NeXT Mail: sahayman at spurge.bloomington.in.us