setting Sign in /usr/ucb/mail

Clark O. Morgan morgan at ogicse.ogi.edu
Thu Feb 14 17:50:44 AEST 1991

In article <3380 at unisoft.UUCP> greywolf at unisoft.UUCP (The Grey Wolf) writes:
>In article <1991Feb6.185423.16803 at elroy.jpl.nasa.gov> pjs at euclid.jpl.nasa.gov writes:
>>Is there any way to cause the "set sign=" command to
>>include a file (say, oh, pulling a name out of the air,
>>~/.signature) as the autograph?
>>
>>Also, how can the argument to the "set sign=" command contain
>>both single (') and double (") quotes that are correctly
>>reproduced upon ~a?
>
>I'm not aware of any "set sign=" command in BSD Mail; however you could
>always switch mailers and use Mush instead (it's a better mailer anyway).

Re: switching to Mush...that's a big thumbs up from me, as well.  In
fact, just to whet your appetite:  Mush gives you two signatures.  One
signature can be set for local addresseess, presumably your colleagues,
who probably don't want a lot of clutter in your messages.  The other
signature is applied to the messages addressed to all other (non-local)
addressees, who would presumably like to see your return address at the
bottom (along with your favorite pithy saying).  And of course, being
Mush, either signature may be specified "inline" or from a
user-specified file.

One more hint about the scope of this program...the last time
I printed the Mush man page, it contained 86 pages of information
and features.

Oh, and it has three human interfaces:  shell, Curses, Sun Tool.

The source is available via anonymous ftp from cse.ogi.edu, in
pub/mush/mush-7.2.tar.Z .
--
Clark O. Morgan     morgan at cse.ogi.edu     ...!uunet!ogicse!morgan
         "Game over!! Game over!!"  (Hudson, "Aliens")