Need help with error correction.

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Fri Feb 8 08:13:46 AEST 1991

>Some machines may need to change the "%32C*" to "%31C*" until 4.0 comes
>out, since some machines think that 1 << 32 == 1, GRRR!  I won't mention
>any names, because I don't want to get sun4's into trouble...  :-)

Or PCs and clones or other 386-based machines, or 3B{2,5,15}s, or
perhaps DECstations, or MIPS boxes, or MIPS-based SGI boxes, or....
SPARC is hardly unique in that regard; maybe MIPS's compiler generates
instructions to compensate for the fact that the shift count is taken
modulo 32, but other compilers don't.