Need Help!

Joe Unix User jaw7_ltd at uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Tue Feb 26 17:17:12 AEST 1991

Question:
	I have two accounts on the same machine and for disk quota
purposes split my files so that some are in one directory & some in the other,
and for security reasons I am not willing to set any global write permissions
(too many people like me out there :^)); it is very inconvienient (sp?) to
relogin with id#2 just to edit a file or such . . .
and I was wondering if there was some way to set the UID to id#2
while logged in as id#1 ???

	I tried using a setuid( geteuid() )  with the file owned by id#2
but this does not work (UID and EUID both =id#1).   Am I misunderstanding
the concept of EUID's?  Is there a way to do this ( in say 'c' ) ????
I've searched the man pages but they were very sparse in this area.
I'm on a Sun3 with SunOS 4.0.3.

                         Thanks,
                               Jeff (Joe Unix User)

preferably here =>>  jaw7_ltd at uhura.cc.rochester.edu