How to print man pages nicely?

Tom Christiansen tchrist at convex.COM
Wed Feb 27 17:05:08 AEST 1991

>From the keyboard of fischer at iesd.auc.dk (Lars P. Fischer):
:>>>>> On 22 Feb 91, swamys at copper.ucs.indiana.edu (shankar n swamy) said:
:
:shankar>   Also, when we are at it, is there a single command that can print
:shankar> out the entire on-line manual?
:
:Well, hacking up a shell script to do this would be simple, but are
:you sure you *really* want to do it? On a typical UNIX system, this
:would produce thousands of pages. I would suggest that you order a set
:of printed docs from your vendor -- it will be cheaper and the manuals
:will be nicer printed.

We use 'man -t' to print our man pages.  Since the customer can also
do this (providing he's got a nice printer to output the troff to),
it should be equally pretty.    Of course, that assumes you've got
a man that groks -t.

--tom
--
"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
 that would also stop you from doing clever things." -- Doug Gwyn

 Tom Christiansen                tchrist at convex.com      convex!tchrist