YELP about obtaining nroff (longish)

James P. H. Fuller jim at crom2.uucp
Sun Feb 10 01:47:45 AEST 1991

In <11358 at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV> lwall at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (Larry Wall)
writes:

 > I don't know if this counts as the handwriting on the blank wall you ran
 > into, but I don't recall having had anything to do with a paper on paths
 > and pathalias.

   'Scuse me, you're right of course, it was Honeyman/Bellovin.  (It's not
hard for newcomers to Unix to get you famous guys confused at first....
one sees the luminiferous glow over the horizon before one can distinguish
features....)  I should have examined the paper more closely but since in its
present form large chunks of it look like

"\f1\s10\&``seismo''\f1\s0" at 123,240 ljust
"\f1\s10\&\f1\s0" at 123,240 ljust
"\f3\s10\&node\f1\s0" at 67,256
box ht 32 wid 48 with .nw at 43,248
"\f1\s10\&\(bu\f1\s0" at 67,224
line  from 43,232 to 91,232
"\f1\s10\&\(bu\f1\s0" at 67,240

I did just glance at it and put it aside until I had the software to recon-
struct it properly  (yeah, I can tell this one's gonna take more than groff.)

    To make this message of more general interest to this group, let me mention
that Mauro DePalma has offered to send me groff 1.0 binaries for ISC Unix, and
I intend to make these available via anon-uucp for anybody who's having the same
problem I did -- especially those who are trapped as I am out here in uucp-only-land and whose hearts sink to their shoes whenever they hear  "The exact file
you need right now can be FTP'd from....)  Will post PEP number and login/passwdwhen everything's ready.
                                                  James P. H. Fuller
                                              jim%crom2 at nstar.rn.com