Finding out domain name from IP number with nslookup. How?

Jeffrey B. McGough mcgough at wrdis01.af.mil
Tue Feb 19 14:26:14 AEST 1991

In article <4800 at gdc.portal.com> lee at gdc.portal.com (Seng-Poh Lee, Gen DataComm, +1 203 758-1811) writes:
>A while back I saw something posted regarding how to find out  a domain
>name based on the IP number, using nslookup. It had something to do with
>some option within nslookup but I don't remember what it was.

Lets say you are looking for 26.6.0.83 (thats me)

You get into nslookup and type the following

set type=any

then
83.0.6.26.in-addr.arpa

and you should then get the host.domain info....

or you type
set type=PTR
then 83.0.6.26.in-addr.arpa
and you should then get the host.domain info....

---
Lator,                           Don't ask me what I think of you...
                                 Cuz I might not tell you what you want me to.
Jeffrey B. McGough
WR-ALC UNIX Systems Administrator                    (mcgough at wrdis01.af.mil)