Is RCS in the public domain?

Eric Peterson epeterso at houligan.encore.com
Tue Feb 5 07:27:11 AEST 1991

boogaard at ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl (Martin vdBoogaard) writes:

| Can anybody tell me whether this is correct and, if so, where the
| sources for RCS can be obtained (ftp?). If not, are there any vendors?

RCS is available for FTP from prep.ai.mit.edu (18.71.0.38).  It is
currently up to revision 5.5 and is backwardly compatible through
version 3.x.  The RCS documentation also recommends you get a hold of
GNU's diff while you're there to make RCS a bit faster.

I've been using it for the past month or so with no complaints or
problems.

Eric

PS: While you're there, also get Emacs, Awk, Groff, Ghostscript, GCC,
    G++, GAS, GDB, ... :-)
--
       Eric Peterson <> epeterson at encore.com <> uunet!encore!epeterson
   Encore Computer Corp. * Ft. Lauderdale, Florida * (305) 587-2900 x 5208