Need network dictionary-definition server program

Robert Bernecky rbe at yrloc.ipsa.reuter.COM
Wed Feb 27 10:59:14 AEST 1991

You can obtain the New Oxford English Dictionary on ( I think) cdrom
from the University of Waterloo. I recall it's in the neighborhood
(neighbourhood if you speak Canajan) of 500e6 bytes.

They also have an interactive searcher program called PAT (because
it's based on Patricia (See Knuth, Vol. iii, Sorting and Searching),
which goes like stink! Fairly pricey. I don't have an email address
for them, but you can call the "centre for the new OED" at the University
in Waterloo, Ontario.

Bob Bernecky
Snake Island Research Inc.