kermit 8-bit transfers

Adam Carlson acarlson at math.umass.edu
Thu Feb 28 06:35:03 AEST 1991

Please forgive me if this is not the appropriate place for this
message, but I am on the mailing list, not the usenet newsgroup, so I
don't know all the addresses to use.

How do I do transmit an 8-bit file from a PC running MS-Kermit 2.32 to
a Sun 3/80 running C-Kermit, 4E(070) 29 Jan 88, on SunOS 4.1

I have tried various combinations of setting the Sun end to binary
transfer mode and setting parity to none on both ends and setting
display to 8-bit on the PC, but I can't find an actual setting for
binary transfer on the PC Kermit and I keep getting a ?unable to
receive an acknowledgement from the host

What am I missing?

Thanks
Adam Carlson
acarlson at math.umass.edu