Need a printer filter to change bins

Peter Steele peter at aucs.AcadiaU.ca
Thu Feb 21 04:51:24 AEST 1991

I've just set up a new printer on our Unix system (using the BSD
printer package) and want to set it up so that jobs sent to this
printer will select one bin for their banner page (with yellow
paper in it) and another bin for the rest of the printing. Is this
done using an output filter (of) or an input filter (if)? Does anyone
have a printer filter template that I could modify for this purpose.
I just need to insert the code to output the escape sequences to
switch the bins but don't know what the structure of a filter program
for this sort of purpose is. Thanks in advance.

--
Peter Steele      Acadia Univ.   Canada  B0P 1X0   peter at auad.AcadiaU.CA
Software Analyst  Wolfville, NS  902-542-2201x121  peter at Acadia.BITNET