HDB uucp woes..

Doug Mcintyre dougm at pnet51.orb.mn.org
Fri Feb 1 02:45:06 AEST 1991

        I've started to hook up another modem to my 3b1 running HDB, and all I
get from it is that it `CAN'T ACCESS DEVICE`. I have the nutshell book, but
this seems like it physically can't open that tty port or some other error
like that? pcomm can open the port and call out through the modem, so I'm
wondering why uucp can't?

uucp can somewhat open the device because the TR and CS lights come on, like
a normal open, but then no data flows to the modem (ie, no read data light)..

UUCP: {rosevax, crash}!orbit!pnet51!dougm                Compuserve: 70611,2215
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!dougm at nosc.mil                        ALPE: DougMac
INET: dougm at pnet51.cts.com                                    GENIE: D.MCINTYRE1