Question about at

Michael Rawdon rawdon at rex.cs.tulane.edu
Mon Feb 4 06:12:05 AEST 1991

I've been using at recursively to run a program every night.  I've noticed,
when I check the file in /usr/spool/at which holds the information at
uses to run my program, that it stores my PATH environment variable.  This,
in itself, isn't a problem, since the man page says it should be doing this.

The problem is that my .cshrc file expands my PATH beyond the default,
with the command:

set path = ([some directory] $path [some other directory])

and apparently, evey time at is invoked recursively, it executes my .cshrc
file, which keeps making the path larger and larger, like this:

PATH='[some directory repeated eight times] [my default path] [some other
      directory repeated eight times]'

What I'd like to know is:  Is there some way I can suppress this?  Since
this PATH information is stored in a file to be used by at, it could
conceivably take up disk space relatively quickly.  Neither of the extra
directories are required to run the program I want to run; for the purposes of
what I'm trying to do with at, they're chaff.

Thanx.

--
Michael Rawdon						      Someone who posts
Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana		       too much for his

"And they said we were heroes, they said we were fine.
 We were kings in command, we had god on our side,
 And we said nothing will make us change in any way."   - Chris De Burgh