Unix in real-time

David Mason mason at oct1.UUCP
Thu Feb 14 03:09:11 AEST 1991

In article <91036.105504KKEYTE at ESOC.BITNET> KKEYTE at ESOC.BITNET (Karl
Keyte) writes:
>I am looking for references relating to the use of Unix in a
>real-time or near real-time environment.  Has anyone any
>suggestions?

You'd want to get info on a port of Unix known as QNX.  It's written
from the bottom up as a real-time (or close to) O/S.  Folks I know
writing EFT/POS transaction handling software are using it to get
their response times consistent.