setuid / seteuid

Christophe Wolfhugel wolf at grasp2.univ-lyon1.fr
Sat Feb 2 06:46:03 AEST 1991

I'm currently trying to run a ftpd (one of the classical ftpd-logging one)
on a RS/6000. Unfortunately it seems that seteuid either does not work or
is bad implemented (return code <0).

Can anyone explain me an alternative to this solution to get the effective
uid of the user that logs in and still be at root privilege?

Christophe Wolfhugel (on irc: loto)   |  Email: wolf at grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr
INSA Lyon - Departement Informatique  |  IRC'admin for grasp1.univ-lyon1.fr
69621 Villeurbanne Cedex, France      |  Fax: (+33) 88 68 11 84

  Disclaimer: these are my own opinions, not my employer's.