Question- trn/mcvert/extracting

Seth Tisue tisu at quads.uchicago.edu
Wed Feb 27 17:14:52 AEST 1991

I'm finding the section in the man pages for trn rather uninformative about
what the "extract to directory" command is used for, and how.  If I
understand correctly, I should be able to use it to automatically run
postings on comp.binaries.mac through mcvert (to convert the binhex
data to MacBinary).  But typing "e | mcvert" at the end of such a post
gets an error message, saying that the file type can't be determined.

What am I doing wrong, or am I trying to do something which can't be
done using this command?  I've had equally little success trying to
accomplish the same thing with the save to pipeline command.
--
---- Seth Tisue                     USMail: c/o Plaster Cramp Press
---- (tisu at midway.uchicago.edu)                       P.O. Box 5975